Type of Visa

Journalist Visa

Journalists can obtain visa for three months (single entry) to visit India for any purpose other than film shooting. The initial three months period can be extended by applying to:

The Publicity Officer (PR),
XP Division,
Ministry of External Affairs,
Shastri Bhawan,
New Delhi - 110001.

Journalists who are going to India to work in any branch office of Foreign Media/TV can obtain six months multiple entry 'J' visa directly (This is applicable also to Journalists replacing a correspondent in India as well). Foreigners need prior approval to shoot films in India, both feature as well as documentary. Application for permission to shoot documentary films has to be made to the Embassy in a prescribed format.